There are an increasing number of studies on qigong by Western researchers. It wasn’t long ago that the majority of available qigong research was from China. Because Chinese researchers in the past often conducted their research using different protocols than their Western counterparts, their results were not often given credence. So it is reinforcing to see many scientific studies now coming from Western researchers that report results similar to those from Chinese researchers. This is good news for those of us who enjoy the practice and its many benefits as it helps us in acquiring a deeper understanding of the potential benefits of qigong for ourselves, our families and friends.
“What I’ve tried to do is combine both my personal experiences with scientific research. I like to cross the divide between the personal world and the scientific world.” Temple Grandin
You may like to read these two articles: one describing the harmonizing effect of qigong for imbalances related to cancer treatment recovery (Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, NY) and the other on lessening symptoms of mild traumatic brain injury (Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, HI).
Besides reading research articles, I’ve been busy, along with much appreciated competent help, updating, improving and expanding our website. Check out the changes:
• You are invited to join our new MeetUp group. It’s a great way to be notified of upcoming events, and you can RSVP with a simple click.
• Look in the upper right corner of most pages for new buttons to easily navigate to our YouTube channel, share Qigong events on your Facebook page, and join MeetUp.
• Upcoming workshops:
– Awakening Wellness, June 2, Dana Point. This workshop is ideal for new and current students.
– Four Levels of Lift Qi Up Pour Qi Down, July 20, Elfin Forest. This workshop will be an excellent opportunity for new and current students to gain a better understanding of the details of this form and to hone your practice.
• Our Lake Arrowhead retreat is only a few weeks away. Because we will be in retreat, there will NOT be class on Thursday, June 20. Please connect with us in the qi field to celebrate the summer solstice together.
• If you are wondering if there will be class on Thursday, the Fourth of July, the answer is yes!
Happy Summer and Abundant Qi to you.